How to Plan a Graduation Celebration at Home? – Any graduation is a milestone event and one that should be celebrated in style!
Planning a party at home means that you can have everything exactly as you want it to be so that you and your guests have the best time possible and you can accommodate everyone’s needs.
If you want to plan a successful party, it’s a good idea to get started well in advance so that you avoid any last-minute stress!
Set your date, time, and location
Knowing exactly where and when your party will be is essential if you want it to off without a hitch! Some things to consider when planning your party are:
- When is the official graduation ceremony at the school or college? If it’s on a weeknight, you might want to consider holding the party on the weekend before or after so that guests from out of town can still attend.
- How many people are coming? Unless you have a large house, if you’re having a lot of guests, you might need to consider allowing for extra seating in the garden by putting up a marquee, for example.
Set a budget
It’s important to set your budget as early as possible; otherwise, you will almost certainly overspend!
Speak with the friends and family who are also involved in planning the party and see what people are willing to contribute to give you an idea. You don’t need to spend much to have a great party. For example, if each person attending were to bring a dish and you organized entertainment amongst yourselves, you would have very little to spend.
When someone is graduating, looking at meaningful graduation presents that they can keep is an important part of the planning!
Getting a personalized gift is a great way to show your graduate that you really care about them, and it means they will think of you every time they look at it.
What you spend isn’t as important as the fact that you’ve thought of them, so you could even handmake them a gift if you are low on funds.
Making your party special
Things that will make your graduation party special are the small touches that will keep people talking after the event is over, whether that’s the entertainment, the food, or the decor.
Some great ideas for a special graduation party are:
- Hire a photo booth. Photo booths are a lot of fun, and as a bonus, they give people a keepsake to take away with them. If you don’t want to shell out for a photo booth, you could make your own photo experience with disposable cameras and props that people can use to create funny images – check out your local goodwill for inspiration!
- Life-sized party games. Things like giant Twister or Jenga always go down well at a party, and they’re a great way to get people mingling.
- Clothesline photo frame. Use a clothesline to hang up photos of your graduate through the years; your guests will love getting nostalgic about times gone by and probably laughing at unfortunate hair and fashion choices through the years.
Also Read: Questions to ask your divorce attorney