avatar movies in order – The Avatar films are a ground breaking and visually stunning franchise that explores important themes of environmentalism, spirituality, and colonialism. The films have a critical and commercial success, and the sequels are eagerly anticipated by fans around the world.
The Avatar (2009)
- Overview: Avatar is a 2009 American epic science fiction film directed, written, produced, and co-edited by James Cameron. And starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Stephen Lang, Michelle Rodriguez, and Sigourney Weaver. It is set in the mid-22nd century, when humans are colonizing Pandora. However, a lush habitable moon of a gas giant in the Alpha Centauri star system. In order to mine the valuable mineral unobtanium. The expansion of the mining colony threatens the continued existence of a local tribe of Na’vi—a humanoid species indigenous to Pandora. The film’s title refers to a genetically engineered Na’vi body with the mind of a remotely located human that is used to interact with the natives.
- Themes: The film explores themes of environmentalism, spirituality, and colonialism. It has praised for its ground breaking visual effects, which were created using a new technology called performance capture. Avatar was a critical and commercial success, becoming the highest-grossing film of all time at the time of its release.
- Sequels: Four sequels to Avatar are planned, with the first, Avatar: The Way of Water, scheduled to released on December 16, 2022. The other sequels are scheduled to released in 2024, 2026, and 2028.
Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)
- Overview: The Way of Water is the second film in the Avatar franchise. It is set more than a decade after the event of the first film. Jake Sully and Neytiri are now parents of a family of Na’vi, and they must protect their children from the dangers of Pandora. The film also introduces new characters, including Tonowari, the leader of the Metkayina, a clan of Na’vi who live in the oceans of Pandora.
- Cast: The Way of Water includes Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, Kate Winslet, and Michelle Yeoh.
- Visual effects: The Way of Water is set underwater. However, the filmmakers used new technology to create the film’s visuals. The film also uses motion capture technology to create the Na’vi characters.
- Release: The Way of Water is schedule to released on December 16, 2022.
Overview of Avatar 3 (2025)
- Overview: Avatar 3 is the third film in the Avatar franchise. It is set after the event of Avatar: The Way of Water. The film will continue the story of Jake Sully and Neytiri as they fight to protect Pandora from the RDA.
- Cast: The cast of Avatar 3 has not yet announced.
- Release: Avatar 3 is schedule to release on December 20, 2025.
Avatar 4 (2029)
- Overview: Avatar 4 is the fourth film in the Avatar franchise. It is set after the event of Avatar 3. The film will continue the story of Jake Sully and Neytiri as they fight to protect Pandora from the RDA.
- Cast: The cast of Avatar 4 has not yet announced.
- Release: Avatar 4 is schedule to be release on December 18, 2029.
The Avatar 5 (2031)
- Overview: Avatar 5 is the fifth and final film in the Avatar franchise. It is set after the events of Avatar 4. The film will conclude the story of Jake Sully and Neytiri as they fight to protect Pandora from the RDA.
- Cast: The cast of Avatar 5 has not yet announced.
- Release: Avatar 5 is schedule to release on December 22, 2031.
Why is Avatar Movie Most Liked
There are a number of reasons why the movie Avatar is so liked.
- Groundbreaking visuals. Avatar was released in 2009 and was one of the first films to use CGI to create a truly immersive world. The film’s visuals were groundbreaking at the time, and they still hold up well today.
- A universal story. Avatar tells a classic story of good versus evil, with a strong environmental message. The film’s themes of colonialism, greed, and the importance of respecting nature are relatable to audiences all over the world.
- Compelling characters. Avatar features a cast of memorable characters, including the human protagonist Jake Sully, the Na’vi warrior Neytiri, and the villainous Colonel Quaritch.
- An epic adventure. Avatar is a visually stunning and action-packed film that takes audiences on a journey to a breathtaking alien world.
In addition to these general factors, Avatar is also popular for a number of more specific reasons. For example, the film’s 3D experience is often praised for being particularly immersive. Additionally, the film’s soundtrack, composed by James Horner, is considered to be one of the best film scores of all time.
Characters in Avatar Movies
Jake Sully (Sam Worthington): A former Marine who is paralyze from the waist down. He is sent to Pandora on a mission to infiltrate the Na’vi. And also gather intelligence on their culture. However, he soon falls in love with Neytiri and becomes a champion of the Na’vi people.
Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver): A brilliant scientist who is leading the Avatar Program. She is determine to find a way to coexist peacefully with the Na’vi, but she is also willing to use force if necessary.
Parker Selfridge (Giovanni Ribisi): The head of the RDA mining operation on Pandora. He is ruthless and determined to extract the unobtanium from Pandora, regardless of the cost.
Dr. Max Patel (Dileep Rao): A brilliant scientist who is working on the Avatar Program. He is more idealistic than Grace, and he believes that the Avatar Program can used to bridge the gap between humans and the Na’vi.
Norm Spellman (Joel David Moore): And also the former Marine who is now a scientist working on the Avatar Program. He is Jake’s best friend and confidante.
General Frances Ardmore (Edie Falco): The military leader of the RDA forces on Pandora. She is a tough and determined soldier who is willing to do whatever it takes to protect her people.
Dr. Karina Mogue (Michelle Yeoh): A brilliant scientist who is working on the Avatar Program. Moreover, she is more pragmatic than Max, and she believes that the Avatar Program can used to exploit the Na’vi.
Dr. Ian Garvin (Jemaine Clement): A brilliant scientist who is working on the Avatar Program. He is more eccentric than the other scientists, and he has a dry sense of humor.
Shiro (Stephen Lang): A fearsome Na’vi warrior who is the leader of the Na’vi resistance. Moreover, he is Jake’s enemy, but he eventually comes to respect Jake as a warrior and a friend.
Varang (Oona Chaplin): And also a human soldier who is working for the RDA. She is a skilled warrior and a loyal soldier.
Ronal (Domhnall Gleeson): A human scientist who is working for the RDA. And also he is a brilliant scientist, but he is also idealistic and believes that the Na’vi can reason with.
Henceforth, the main message of Avatar is that humans need to respect the natural world and the cultures of indigenous peoples. The film shows how the RDA’s greed and destructiveness leads to the destruction of Pandora’s ecosystem and the displacement of the Na’vi. The ending of the film suggests that Jake has learned from the Na’vi and that he will work to protect Pandora from further harm.
Basically, Avatar is a visually stunning film with a powerful message. It has praised for its environmentalism and its depiction of indigenous cultures. The film has also criticized for its violence and its portrayal of the Na’vi as noble savages. However, Avatar remains a popular and influential film that has sparked a debate about the relationship between humans and nature.