The Amazing Benefits of Cocktail Drinks – For good reasons, cocktails have become popular in bars, restaurants, fast food joints, events, and even at home. Unlike many sugary drinks, cocktail drinks contain less sugar and mix many healthy ingredients to make an entirely healthy drink. While you can easily get your preferred cocktail from your favorite hangout joint, you can also make one at home using your ingredients of choice. Read on to learn more details on cocktails, healthy benefits, and how to make the best cocktail for your family and friends.
What is a Cocktail?
A cocktail is an alcoholic drink of spirit and other ingredients like cream and fruit juices. Simple cocktails only contain a few ingredients, while complicated ones may contain more than six active ingredients. The most active ingredients in a cocktail are alcohol, sugar, and fruits/cream. If the drink does not include a spirit base, it is often called a mocktail.
How to Make a Healthy Cocktail
For a start, you can search for the best cocktail recipes online to know the right ingredients to use. For instance, if you enjoy coffee, you can try espresso martini cocktail recipe using vodka as your base spirit, coffee, and other simple ingredients. Here are helpful tips for making a healthy cocktail for your family:
- Eliminate excess sugar and sugary substances. If possible, use honey as your sweetener instead of sugar.
- Use lighter-colored spirits like vodka.
- Use nutritional ingredients and vegetables like citrus, herbs, and ginger. The ingredients you use depend on what kind of flavor you need.
- Measure ingredients appropriately—almost every cocktail recipe you see online has specific ingredient measurements. You should adhere to them to avoid using excess or little ingredients that affect the overall taste of your cocktail.
- Use top-shelf liquor like vodka, tequila, amaro, whisky, and gin. Superior quality liquor will make a tasty and high-quality cocktail.
- Use lots of ice if you will shake the cocktail, or gently add it on top of the mixture because it can dilute your drink.
- Use fresh ingredients to improve the overall taste of your cocktail.
- Lastly, sample your cocktail before serving, especially if you are trying a new recipe. The sample can help you know if you will add/reduce any ingredient before serving.
What Are The Health Benefits Of A Cocktail?
Cocktails are not only tasty, but they also bring health benefits. Here are some of them:
Fruit-based cocktails are rich in dietary fiber, which can improve your digestion. Fiber also facilitates the absorption of nutrients and helps remove unnecessary fats from the body. If you have digestion issues, add plenty of fiber-rich fruits like raspberries, passion fruit, and avocados.
A fruit-based cocktail contains vitamin C, which can improve your immunity. Regular intake of healthy cocktails can help prevent some minor illnesses.
Stress is common among people of all ages and can affect your well-being and relationship with those around you. Thankfully, a healthy cocktail glass can reduce your stress, manipulate better feelings and bring a natural relaxation feeling. If stressed, prepare your favorite espresso martini cocktail recipe and invite your friends for an enjoyable, relaxing moment.
Reduces Diabetes Risks
According to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health, moderate intake of alcoholic drinks can significantly reduce type 2 -diabetes risk in men. Cocktail drinks contain spirit/alcoholic drinks as the base liquid, possibly reducing the risk of developing diabetes.
As seen above, there are many reasons to drink cocktails. Many cocktails contain vitamin C, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients needed for a healthy body. Select the right ingredients and add them in moderation for the best results. Avoid any ingredient you are allergic to, and only use what you enjoy most.